Local News in Brief : Tustin : Victim of Train Death Had Been in County Jail
- Share via
A man killed by a train Sunday in Tustin had been released that morning from County Jail, a Sheriff’s Department spokesman said Monday.
There is a “good possibility” he committed suicide, according to a spokesman for the coroner’s office, which is investigating the incident.
The man was in his mid-20s, according to Tustin police, who were withholding his name pending notification of relatives.
The man was walking on the tracks about 11 a.m. when he was struck by a southbound Amtrak passenger train from behind, authorities said.
Amtrak officials have said the man did not get out of the way of the train, despite warning blasts.
More to Read
Sign up for Essential California
The most important California stories and recommendations in your inbox every morning.
You may occasionally receive promotional content from the Los Angeles Times.